What you should look for in a home security camera in Columbia
Getting caught on a video recording is the last thing a prowler would like to happen This is a primary reason why security cameras are some of the most effective components to include as you customize your home security system. Although standalone cameras are effective when set up properly, they’re even more helpful when included into your home’s complete system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Columbia? You’ll be pleased to know these vital elements come with more conveniences than earlier versions. You can watch live feeds from inside cameras or catch the attention of intruders with built-in security features from outdoor cameras. And you can control your security cameras easily in one app.
Dynamic features enhance home security cameras in Columbia
Loaded with features and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will take your property’s defense to a whole new level. These essential parts of your home security system may come equipped with an incredible lineup of features like two-way talk, night vision, and mobile access. Review all of the available options below.
- Forceful deterrents: Install a security camera that is able to react instantly. If strange behavior is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear circle of red light will appear next to the camera’s lens and a loud alarm will resonate.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision functionality provides well-defined footage of your surroundings any time of day. Your cameras will even sustain their visibility when zooming in on particular areas.
- Video storage: Check for security cameras with video storage capabilities and the chance to access footage right from your smartphone app.
- Security app: Today’s home security cameras in Columbia are often connected to a handy app on your smartphone. You can watch current footage or recorded segments and even activate or disengage your security. The Vivint App will post an alert to your phone whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Built-in motion detection allows cameras to activate whenever unusual action occurs. You’ll even receive an update on your smartphone.
- Speak to anyone at your door or loved ones: Need to touch base with your kids after school? Is there a delivery person at your main entry? Modern home security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient two-way audio so you may speak to the people detected by your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: As a good rule of thumb, your outdoor surveillance should offer no less than a 120° view. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This feature gives you the chance to set the specific area you want your camera to supervise. This can be important to optimize the activity you record as you wouldn’t need updates every time an automobile goes by on the street.
Customize your own home security system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Columbia. The only thing left to do is to design your own robust Vivint smart home. Phone (573) 641-8250 to begin or fill out the simple form on this page to reach out to our home protection and automation specialists.