Tips to cut down on false alarms in Columbia
False alarms can be an actual concern for a home security system. Not only can they be costly and time-consuming, but they might even lower the faith you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you may do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Columbia security system.
First, make sure that your devices connected properly. This process may seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that simple mistakes trigger false alarms. Secondly, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, such as entry points that may be kept open mistakenly. And of course, feel free to incorporate the extra features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Columbia.
Is it really that easy? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
A great deal of false alarms in Columbia are avoidable
Just like you would address any problem, the initial step is to read the manual. Make sure all your components are set up correctly from your end by:
- Performing a system analysis through your smart hub.
- Physically check each sensor to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your scheduling to be certain that your alarms aren’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Ensure all integrated smart implements are installed properly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Call your customer service specialist if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Columbia system. They'll gladly schedule a trained expert to check your system.
Investigate your windows and doors
In the event your installation seems to be installed properly, the ensuing step is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are all your doors and widows tightly secured, or are any accidentally ajar? If an entrance is left open, it might trip an activated sensor. If your household constantly neglects to close an entry point, you can incorporate a smart lock that locks automatically when the alarm goes live. Unfortunately, windows take more manual maintenance, particularly if you have someone who likes to fall asleep with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it simple to turn off that sensor while still guarding the remainder of the property.
Home automation tends to be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Columbia
One of the best ways to lessen the probability of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your alarm system. With your security app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms that result from accidentally unlatching a door or window. Then have it reactivate automatically again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart front door lock is activated with the proper number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system as you depart the property, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile updates when your implements detect abnormal movements or need a fresh battery.
- Link your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you can operate your system without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Columbia by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Greater command over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, reach out to (573) 641-8250 or send in the form below.