Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Columbia smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full charge of your Columbia home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and find suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Columbia?
Wirelessly connecting to devices through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a battery backup for added reliability. It also offers complete remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View live or saved video from your linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Columbia by programming schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window will prompt you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Columbia
Despite the fact that various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote access, select email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, press users, select the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Columbia smart home. Dial (573) 641-8250 to get started.